Work with M&C Saatchi as their Senior Gold Coast based Event Producer to deliver a successful Optus 5G Live Event Space in support of Optus’ naming rights sponsorship of the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
Over a 9.5 week contact, Amy facilitated a four week build of a 35 x 15 m structure and 10m Interactive dome, featuring six interactive technology pieces powered by Optus’ not yet released 5G Network. The space included:
- Virtual Reality Driving – Gold Coast landscape
- Virtual Reality Soccer – Playing Goalie
- Cycling Game – Competitive race between two players
- Rock Paper Scissors – Motion censored game playing against a robot arm
- Robot Arm – Motion censored arm picking up footballs based on your arm movement
- Interactive Dome – World first live stream via 5G technology from the Optus Aquatic Centre & Metricon Stadium
Amy managed the build of the structure in its entirety working with over 35 suppliers, event managed the space during the 2018 Commonwealth Games (4-15 April) overseeing 12 Brand Ambassadors daily, managed logistics of several media events including a Usain Bolt media conference/appearance in front of global media. Amy also managed Optus senior stakeholders in the space over the 10 days and all Government (GOLDOC) and event/construction partners.